Every organization has a set of business documents that are used for various purposes. In a business entity every action and task is supported by a written document that helps provide accountability and transparency to the business operations. These documents may also be used for reference in a future time period as guidelines or information material. One such common document in business organizations and all sorts of other institutions is called meeting minutes.
What is a meeting?
A meeting is an official gathering or assembling of a group of people where the purpose of gathering is common. They have similar goals and objectives and are directed towards one single interest. These are mostly formal discussion based events that help the participants reach a conclusion on an issue.
Minutes of the meetings are written down text documents that help the participants and other people who might have attended the meeting to get informed about the proceedings of the meeting. It is a method of recording what is going on during a meeting. In common practice the meeting minutes include the following elements:
- All the names of the members or participating individuals
- The Meeting Agenda Points
- Coverage of the agenda points
- Decisions made by the participating members
- Follow up actions designated to the participants
- Due dates and dead line of goals and their accomplishments
- Anything like an event of some discussion that may be relevant for future reference.
The meeting minutes are a very useful and advantageous document in the organization. This template has been created using MS Word on an A4 page and it is highly customizable. You can see a preview and a link to download this template below
Click Here to Download