A course outline format is a document mostly issued by course concerned administrators of educational institutions to inform their teachers and students about the weekly, monthly, or yearly scheme of studies. It contains a series of topics or themes to be studied along with their importance, objectives, and outcomes. The number of ingredients in an outline depends upon nature of course.
A course outline format mostly contains
- Course Title
- Course Number(s)
- Course Credit
- Name of the concerned grade for which the outline is designed
- A series of topics to be studied, weekly, monthly, or semester-wise.
- Objectives: - The goals which can be achieved after studying the topics.
- Assessment (optional): - You can add an assessment section to judge the student's learning level by conducting a test.
- Marking criteria: - If you've added the assessment section, then add the marking criteria, telling the students about the standard of marking of conducted assessments.