Alignment is developing cohesion between your course objectives to ensure that the students are going in a single, non-disruptive flow to maximize their learning experience. An aligned course ensures that nothing unnecessary is in the course outline that may negatively affect the classroom and, eventually, the course by itself. For an online course, the following objectives may be considered:
- Usage of visual aids such as necessary videos, clips, and recordings
- Usage of various e-books which is easier to deal with in an online course
- Avoiding external activities that don't go well with the online nature of the course (e.g., integration of practical assessments)
- Tests/Assignments/Coursework explicitly designed for being online.
- The appropriate methodology for assessing the coursework
- Usage of available tools such as in-app whiteboard, if any, are available.
- The division into appropriate sections by time (week 1, week 2, etc.) to prepare students beforehand