In the field of medicine, being able to speak appropriately for effective communication is necessary. A doctor may need multiple opinions regarding the problems of a patient; therefore, it is imperative to get your point across as clearly as possible. In case a patient needs surgery, one of its most essential aspects is anesthesia and its proper usage and understanding. To make a convincing case, keep the following points in mind:
- Make sure your voice is clear and your speech is eloquent.
- Refer to your notes whenever necessary. Remembering all details may be severe.
- Avoid making a presentation last minute.
- Think of all elements of anesthesia from start to end
- Read Jaffe's text to understand surgical procedures and anesthetic.
- Present your case on time
- Keep it concise but also comprehensive.
- Present all other relevant information (disease history, exam details, family, social history, etc.)